IJR Karate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for the use of students and friends of the IJR Karate club

New Club Badge!

Sensei Ash
    Sensei Ash
    Forum 7th kyu
    Forum 7th kyu

New Club Badge! Empty New Club Badge!

Post by Sensei Ash Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:12 am

After a few years we have decided introducing a new club badge, I wanted to have a badge that had a deeper meaning behind it, our old badge was just a similar design of a generic Shotokan badge but with my name it katakana running through it to signify that it’s the karate of Ashley. I decided I wanted to take my name out of it, and wanted a design more unique for us.

The new badge is comprised of three things; The Enso Circle, a silhouette of a karate-ka in seiza, and the kanji for Karate-do. The Enso Symbolizes absolute enlightenment, strength, elegance, the universe, and mu (the void). The Enso is drawn in one fluid expressive stroke (when drawn in Japanese calligraphy) the brushstroke is especially swift, and once drawn cannot be changed by its creator and can be considered a spiritual practise.

The circle may be open or closed, being open the circle is incomplete, allowing for movement and development as well as the perfection of all things. Zen practitioners relate to the idea to the beauty of imperfection. When the circle is closed it represents perfection.

New Club Badge! Karate10

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 am