IJR Karate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for the use of students and friends of the IJR Karate club

IJR Yondan Grading!!

Sensei Ash
    Sensei Ash
    Forum 7th kyu
    Forum 7th kyu

IJR Yondan Grading!! Empty IJR Yondan Grading!!

Post by Sensei Ash Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:38 am

After a few years of trying to work up the courage to attempt my Yondan (4th Dan Black belt) I have finally put in the work and attempted the Grading! It has been nearly 10 years since my last grading. Due to the nature of running a small club like this and the impracticalities of an in person grading, a vocational grading has been offered. Basically a syllabus was chosen close to what we do (KUGB Shotokan) and we had to record a video submission of demonstrating Kihon Combinations, a selection of Dan grade kata selected by the examiners, Kihon and Jiyu ippon kumite defences, a demonstration of a few kumite tactics and strategies along with a recording of myself and Sensei Richy doing some free sparring. This was then sent off to various high Dan grades for assessment. After a long wait, we finally heard back on the 30th of March that the grading has been successful! There were no markers or critical review points to feedback, and two members of the grading panel felt that the transitions within Jiyu Kumite were particularly clean and of an excellent standard!

Sensei Richy Decided it would be a funny picture to present myself with this award!

IJR Yondan Grading!! Img_8510