IJR Karate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for the use of students and friends of the IJR Karate club

The Decline in forum communities...

Sensei Ash
    Sensei Ash
    Forum 7th kyu
    Forum 7th kyu

The Decline in forum communities... Empty The Decline in forum communities...

Post by Sensei Ash Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Back when I was just a student forum communities used to be a lot bigger than they are now. I used to spend a lot of time in martial art forums, trying to join in the topics, its a place for like-minded individuals to share their knowledge, help each other grow, a sense of community.

This was all before social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Even though the internet is a lot easily accessible, there is a lot more for people to do. So gradually forum activity declined. Which I think is a shame, I believe it can be a valuable asset. Maybe one day forum communities will start becoming more active again. I have always wanted a dedicated forum for our club, but we are still quite a small club, I'm hoping now that we are branching out more it may help, it will give students a place to communicate with karate-ka from other locations.

I'm actively trying to contribute more in a forum community I am part of, and I'll try and keep this forum going ready for any students that want to give it a try...